Saturday, December 14, 2013

Get to know Adele Gibbes

My name is Adele Gibbes.  I am the author of The Playhouse Mystery Series.   This cozy suspense  follows the sleuthing adventures of costumer Merritt Andrews.  The debut, 'Murder in Custer State Park,' is now available from Firehole River Press on Amazon Kindle and in paperback.  A portion of proceeds will be donated to the Black Hills Playhouse and Custer State Park.

I look forward to interacting with mystery fans and travel enthusiasts...

- I was born and raised in Raleigh NC, attended college in Nashville TN and now live in the glorious landscape of Montana....

- What prompted me to write The Playhouse Mystery series: I have always enjoyed theatre and acted in community productions K-12.  In high school I had the privilege to work at a costume shop for three years.  The drama of the theatre is rife with twists and turns, making it an ideal setting for a mystery series.  While vacationing in Custer State Park, I enjoyed a production at the Black Hills Playhouse.  Coupled with my travels in the park, an idea for a mystery in the majestic of the Black Hills was born. 

- I love National and State Parks...I am at home in the forest, hiking amongst the ethereal magic of ancient forests, meandering creeks, towering mountains and wildflower carpeted valleys....
- My favorite parks: Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park, Great Smokies National Park, Mount Rainier National Park, Utah parks, Grand Canyon National Park, Acadia National Park...and of course Custer State Park.

- I am a bibliophile.  I constantly have my nose in a book.  I enjoy all genres of literature, but primarily read classics, cozy mysteries, thrillers and select contemporary romance...

- My favorite authors: Nathaniel Hawthorne, Willa Cather, Charles Dickens, Agatha Christie, Thomas Hardy, Shakespeare, Chaucer...this list is endless...

- I majored in Music Business at Belmont University.  I am a songwriter and self-professed music junkie.  Music is a vital part of my writing process...with my forthcoming romance novels, music is almost a character in the book, an ambiance that reflects characters moods and motives.

- Favorite music: John Denver, Judy Garland, The Cars, Simon & Garfunkel...this list is endless, spanning classical to bluegrass to pop, fusion, rock, Americana, alt-country...I am addicted to all music.

- Favorite movies: Anything from the 1930s-40s; Star Wars, Gone With the Wind, Lord of the Rings...I enjoy classic films, epic action movies like Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter...as a storyteller I enjoy Indie to popular films. 

- Dream vacation: So many...in this cold Montana winter - Hawaii sounds delightful...

- I am obsessed with college basketball.  I have been to four final fours and used to run a CBB blog on The Sporting News.  My favorite teams are the North Carolina Tar Heels and Kansas Jayhawks.  I'm known to scream at my TV during March Madness.

- Like Merritt, I'm gluten intolerant.  I enjoy baking and sharing my gluten free recipes...

- I manage two additional blogs:
Into the Great Unknown - Travel, Eco-Friendly, Poetry, all sorts of fun, random topics that fit the mood of the day.

This Side of Paradise - a devotional blog as I journey through the Bible.  The name is derived from the Paradise Valley in Montana, which is the closest place to heaven on earth...

Be sure to order your copy of 'Murder in Custer State Park.'

No comments:

Post a Comment